In Search of Serenity

Inspired by my colleague Marica Sevelj. We each have a life that offers a unique view on the world we live in. Welcome to my view.

Name:
Location: Whanganui, New Zealand

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I quit my job recently. I had a straw that broke the camel's back moment. It was very trivial and was blown all out of proportion by everyone concerned, including me. I figured it was symptomatic of a greater issue.

In my job I have felt like a square peg in a round hole and for a long time I have been trying to knock the corners off my square peg to make me fit -but it doesn't matter how hard I try I just don't . I think, maybe, it is time to be me and find work that allows me to be me. My resignation, takes effect from the 2nd April. I have to give two months notice so I have plenty of time to think about my actions and contemplate my future. I have to say I feel much lighter. It was definitely the right thing to do. I feel like me again. It is a great feeling. I feel free.
I took two weeks off to work on the house. I am going to sell the house and move somewhere cheaper to live so I don't have a huge mortgage. William, my partner, and I are finally going to take the plunge and buy a house together. (This is a big step. Hopefully we will be able to find something mortgage free. Then we can get part-time jobs and both follow our interests. We are looking at somewhere in or around Wanganui.

There is a great art school in Wanganui! Yes, I am going to pursue my art and see where it takes me. I have put it off for long enough. I would much rather live my life feeling the way I do now, light and free, than live it feeling the way I did at work, heavy and tied down.

I knew I wasn't happy at work but I didn't realise how much I hated my work environment. It is amazing how we condition ourselves to cope with something that doesn't feel right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home